A few years ago, I discovered the amazing world of podcasts along with everyone else with the rise of Serial. Ever since then, I’ve been absolutely podcast-obsessed, and binge everything from true crime comedy podcasts (oh hey there, MFM) to inspiring girl boss shows like Goal Digger.
About a year ago, I came up with the idea to start a podcast all about solo female travel, and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head since.
So, I decided to take the leap! Over the past month or so, I’ve been working furiously to get this thing up and running, learning the ins and outs of all things podcasting, writing scripts, recording episodes, and reaching out to some absolutely AMAZING guests.
And I’m SO excited to say that Girls Go Abroad will be officially launching on March 4th!!
Girls Go Abroad Trailer
Hey hey hey and welcome to the Girls Go Abroad podcast! My name is Addie Gray, and I’m the travel blogger behind Addie Abroad, a solo female travel and adventure blog.
I took my first solo trip 3 years ago, and it was a complete disaster. But since then, I’ve become a total pro at the whole solo female travel thing, and now it’s my goal to inspire and empower other women just like me to take the leap and travel on their own.
On this podcast I’ll be sharing all of the best tips and tricks I’ve learned over 3 years of solo travel, from how to choose the best solo travel destinations to how to survive a night in a 16-bed hostel dorm, as well as fun interviews with other amazing solo female travelers who have explored all over the world and have their own set of knowledge to share with you.
So be sure to hit subscribe on your podcast player to be notified when the first episode goes live on Wednesday, March 4th. You don’t want to miss it!
Coming Up on Girls Go Abroad
Want to know some more specifics before you hit subscribe? Here are a few upcoming solo episodes:
- My First Solo Trip Was a Complete Disaster
- The Top 5 Reasons to Travel Solo
- How to Plan Your First Solo Trip
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Booking Hostels as a Solo Female Traveler
- 8 Myths About Solo Female Travel That Are Completely False
And as for amazing guests? I’ve got those too. Here’s a sneak peak at who’s coming on the pod:
- Gloria Atanmo of The Blog Abroad (yes, I’m dead serious)
- Emily Luxton, my fav adventurer (we’re talking about doing things that scare you and solo female adventure travel)
- Kristina Bullock of Million Miler Mom (she’ll be talking about how traveling solo led to her life today)
- Madhurima Chakraborty of Orange Wayfarer (she’ll give us the down low on solo female travel in India)
- and so many more!!
So if you’re ready for some serious solo female travel inspiration and advice, be sure to head on over to your favorite podcast player and hit subscribe. And if you really want to give me a boost, I’d absolutely love it if you left a review!